Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Because there is hope

Greetings loved ones! Let's take a journey...
To the deep dark world views of this American teenager. I have decided to start keeping track of the things I think so I don't waste time repeating myself in my head. ;) Again. More. Still.

I'm far too disorganized to keep a real journal, and I hate my penmanship. So instead of periodically writing pages of my thoughts, and losing them in the depths of my closet, I'm taking the modern route - drop all ideas of concieted thought, and stickin' it on the internet! There's 21st century logic for ya!

A bit of background: I'm from everywhere man. I was born in Nashville, Tennessee. With the rednecks and country music. For almost 5 years, we lived in a tiny Midwestern town of 1500 in rural Iowa. Then for the years that mattered, 10-17, I grew up in the heart of Los Angeles, California. I'll always consider myself a Valley Girl. LA is a huge part of who I am. Now I live in the middleonowhere Colorado, pursuing a horsey career. Since experiencing this major culture shock, many things that seemed to be simply a part of life in LA are vastly different out here. Different enough for me to want to vocalize my opinions somewhere. If for no better reason than to log my own introspection.

Oh know, another one of those new-agers out to take over the world right? Opinionated groups go to extremes to get people's attention, yes. But I somehow find comfort in it... that they feel that whatever action they are taking will do some good in the world. Us modern day hippies are calling others to pay attention to the situation. Dorothy Thompson said, "There is nothing to fear except the persistent refusal to find out the truth, the persistent refusal to analyze the causes of happenings." Why would people create National Geographic specials about how the world is going to end if it is inevitable? Why would people protest if they didn't have a voice? Why would anyone try to elicit any kind of change in their surroundings? Because there is hope. I am sure that tons of people look at all the violence and rage in the world and feel that one person can't affect the world in the slightest. But if there ever was a figurative teeter totter on which the fate of the future rested... the time is now. People take actions and make noise because it isn't too late to change. This is the generation that will go down in history as either the idiots that screwed us all over, or the saviors of humanity. I know which side I'm on!

Have hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment